Annual assessments are based on double occupancy, but priced per person. Single occupants receive an 18% discount off the total double-occupancy assessment.
Some people are tempted to think that as a solo traveler you pay more, but with Storylines, the opposite is true, a solo traveler actually gets a better deal than a double, let us explain
A typical residence might look like this on an annual basis
Zero PAX = $54,518
Solo PAX = $66,485
Two PAX = $81,080
What this shows is that to keep a residence vacant costs $54,518 which covers crew, insurances, fuel, etc, as all the costs still continue regardless if you are onboard or not.
It is just an additional $11,967 for a solo resident to come onboard or an additional $26,562 for a couple. There are no 75% singles loadings or anything like that. This is a fairer model, designed for everyone.
Below are the updated annual fee rates for children onboard the Narrative.
Age = Assessment fee
<13 = $15,000
14-17 = $20,000
18+ are considered adults and fall under the typical pricing structure
With all-inclusive assessments starting from just $70 per person per day, living the Storylines lifestyle is comparably priced to major cities worldwide. We’ll let you decide which you’d prefer.
The Storylines ‘All-inclusive’ lifestyle entails:
- 45 beautifully designed resident lounges
- Meals in a selection of multicultural dining venues
- Beverages including select wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, coffees, juices, blends
- 24-hour room service
- Fast internet and Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- Dozens of kitchen areas to prepare food yourself
- Premium satellite television
- Laundry pick-up wash & fold service, and/or self-service laundry
- Gym, fitness facilities, recreational and sporting equipment
- Oceanside marina with direct water access & watercraft
- Yoga studio, chapel, artist studio, & many unique leisure areas
- A world of activities, events, sports, arts, performances, music, dancing, and fitness
- Hobby areas from fishing and tackle to golf and digital driving range
- Checkup and wellness visits with the onboard doctor, trainers and nutritionist
- All onboard service gratuities
- Fuel, port taxes, docking fees, and insurances
- Upkeep of vessel to 5-star standards
- Stylishly decorated spaces to live in surrounded by inspiring art and fresh food gardens
- A new billion dollar view from your balcony every week!
And of course…
- Highly professional onboard service and technical support teams
- Insurance for homes, contents and liability
- Financial reserves for unforeseen repairs or expenses
For a full breakdown of the package, inclusions see the page The Inclusive Life.
Annual assessments are determined in line with inflation and carefully calculated to accommodate shipboard operational, shoreside operational, and support costs of the vessel. Full insurance costs and emergency reserves have also budgeted to accommodate unforeseen mechanical failures.
Fuel is the largest cost that is out of our control, and although global fuel costs fluctuate, Storylines’ unique slower style of cruising, spending many more days in port, and 12-month, advance fuel purchase contracts all work together to reduce any impact this could have.
Storylines reserves the right to require a special assessment for special circumstances.
Assessments are paid in advance, with the first nine months of assessments paid six months prior to sailing for provisioning and service of crew on the lead up to sailing.
Assessments will always be kept 3 months in advance.
Thereafter, payments for assessments are due at the beginning of each quarter. All financial information once sailing will be handled via your resident APP and available to you 24/7.
Assessments are annual fees which are calculated to cover a number of shipboard and shoreside operational costs even when the vessel is not underway.
Your life aboard the M/V Narrative is all-inclusive; including dining in 20 eateries aboard, room service, beer, wine and house spirits, entertainment, activities, housekeeping, laundry, gratuities, all port fees, plus ship operating costs and maintenance.
Additional premium services are available at an additional cost, such spa and salon services, personal training, medical treatments, and offshore excursions.